Behavioural Insights Analyst - Internship
Attensi is the global leader in 3D gamified simulation training for large corporations. Using a unique blend of gamification and realism, combined with deep and varied interactivity that is powered by our platformI, we create ‘learning by doing’ training environments, offering a radically new method to achieve real, measurable behavioural change in large organisations.
Attensi was established in Norway and our training is now being used by global brands in more than 140 countries and in over 30 different languages. We recently secured $26M investment from Lugard Road Capital, DX Ventures and Viking Venture and are now excited to be focussing on global expansion plans. We are now over 250 employees across Norway and the UK and continue to expand rapidly.
Our London office currently consists of 80 game changers. Since opening here in 2017 we have started working with some of the largest retail, hospitality and professional services brands in the UK, US and other markets. Our customer portfolio includes Accenture, Starbucks, Marston’s Pubs and many more.
As Attensi's portfolio of products and customer use cases continues to grow rapidly, we are building an internal behavioural insights and research practice as part of the ANALYTICS team to conduct research projects and data science initiatives aimed at improving our product offerings.
We are looking for a Behavioural Insights Analyst to intern with us across June to September 2023. The key objective of the role is to conduct research projects and data science initiatives aimed at improving our game design frameworks and existing products. Beyond this, the role may also support on other internal projects such as the development of our product analytics or customer-facing evaluation meetings. The role offers a unique opportunity to work closely with Senior Stakeholders as you uncover insights based on empirical research that would potentially power our future game design. This would likely include, but is not limited to, our CEO, Director of Data & Analytics and Creative Directors (including Andreas Rimala who has experience as a Clinical Psychologist)..
We offer great mentorship (you will be mentored directly by a Senior Data Analyst with a Psychology background and interest in research) and potential career opportunities in the Analytics path and beyond. We also have a strong history of understanding our other team members’ career motivations and supporting their growth in Attensi both in parallel teams and in new growth markets.
Who are you?
Attensi is looking for individuals with a strong drive to create real value and change. You are a committed and dedicated undergraduate, postgraduate, or recent graduate who is motivated by the opportunity to be a key contributor in Attensi's further growth and development:
- You are passionate about education/learning and development and are keen to make a positive impact on the lives of learners and educators.
- You are a creative and excellent communicator, and you can communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- You are solution oriented and pragmatic, good at prioritising your work and have a strong ability to execute.
- You are curious and quick to grasp new concepts and subject areas.
- You enjoy juggling multiple projects simultaneously with interdisciplinary teams.
- You are currently studying towards a degree with statistical modules, such as psychology, statistics, economics, biology, computer science; or you have relevant past project or work experience in data science.
- You have coding experience in Python and / or R with knowledge of data analysis and/or machine learning libraries such as pandas and scikitlearn, and may also have experience with other analytics tools such as SQL, Alteryx or Excel.
- You are fluent in English (oral and written).
- You will be able to commit 12 weeks of full-time work at Attensi between June 2023 to September 2023, in a hybrid working setup where the office is based in Southwark, London.
We look for people who have a keen interest in both business and research. To succeed at Attensi it is also important that you are a team player who thrives when creating value together with others by sharing knowledge and experiences across the business.
What will you do?
As a Behavioural Insights Analyst attached to the Attensi ANALYTICS team you will:
- Design and execute a research project relevant for the business.
- Plan and implement a data science project that utilises machine learning, natural language processing, or other advanced analytical techniques used to drive business decisions.
- Create detailed reports and presentations summarising research findings and data analysis results.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Platform, Data Engineering, Marketing and Product to ensure your research project aligns with business objectives.
- Act as a thought partner to the business for Best Practice in proposing new areas for research and development, including in product analytics.
- Participate in the development of the ANALYTICS practice areas, including inputting on our business intelligence dashboards, data analytics projects and product development.
- Maintain an open and collaborative communication through continuous coaching and feedback on activities and achievements.
What do we offer?
At Attensi you will become part of an exciting and rapidly growing scale-up that is already a global leader in its field. You get to work in a flat, open, and diverse environment, surrounded by committed, smart and talented colleagues from a variety of backgrounds, both culturally and academically. Attensi is committed to giving people the opportunity to grow and you will also be able to develop your role over time. You will also be offered exciting challenges in a dynamic and innovative environment with great ambitions.
Attensi has an energetic and social working environment. We work hard, but also have a lot of fun together. We hold frequent social activities like Attensi-days, sporting events, after-work drinks, parties, game nights and company trips to our Norwegian HQ or elsewhere. These are all ways in which we ensure we not only work together, but also play together!
- Business Enablement
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Remote work
An exceptionally exciting, fun and challenging workplace
We believe that people perform their best work when they are challenged, free and engaged. Therefore we strive to avoid hierarchies and limitations. We focus on rapid, iterative development, distributed decision power, broad involvement - and on having fun at work!
Behavioural Insights Analyst - Internship
Loading application form